Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love Your Username

Today, brainless me, has done something moronic.
Yes, I accidentally deleted my Gmail account.

Here is the chronological story:
My current username is 'rayarinaldi', yup, boring.
I wanted a username that sounds fun, silly, and just like me! (yeah right)
The name cutiepie777 would sound much better.
Nah, kidding.
I thought minderdandrie, minderdan3, or kurangdaritiga (all of them have the same meaning- 'Less Than Three' in both Dutch and Indonesian) would make a cool username.

Youtube wouldn't allow me to pick a new username so I thought if I make another Gmail account to replace the old one, I'll be able to choose a new username. Sadly, things didn't really work that way.
I did create a new account but apparently there is no way I could change the email that I've used for Youtube nor Blogger.
So, I stick with my boring username and decided to delete my new Gmail account (it's useless anyway so yeah).

You could guess what happened next.
Instead of deleting the new one, I deleted my old Gmail account, which is linked to all my important emails, youtube videos, and this blog.
What did I do?
I just sat there, staring at the screen, analyzing the stupidity that I've done.
And regretting, of course.
I was like, holy shit, not again, I'm so not making a new blog.
This blog is not even my first because I've screwed up a couple of times before.
I searched informations on google but nothing helps.
"...once you deleted a Gmail account, then it would be permanently".
Shit, of course I freaked out.
It's like, murdering your own flesh and blood! Not that I've ever done that, but god damn it, all of my hardworks, are in this stupid account.

I was so helpless so I updated both on facebook and twitter for help, and my friend, Melissa, shared me a link about recovering Gmail account.
It didn't really work out 'cause there were way too many questions asked in that link and they even asked for my old hotmail address, which I can't seem to log in anymore.
Anyway I felt a bit better knowing that someone was willing to help me out, so thanks a lot Melissa!

I didn't give up, I knew I could still save my babies.
I keep searching on google, yahoo answers, etc.
In the end, I didn't remember exactly what I did because I tried out every single link that has something to do with 'recovering my Gmail account', and voila!
My Gmail account is back, I didn't lose a single thing, my videos and blog posts are save and so are my emails.

Lesson of the day:
Love your username the way it is, because at one point, it was exactly how you wanted to name your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment