Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me

Birthdays are cliché.
No, I didn't mean to sound like an anti-mainstream bitch.
You may and you should cherish being a year older, well, if you want to.
It's just that from the day I turned 14 (if I'm not mistaken) I've stopped taking interest in my own birthdays. Now, four years later, I still haven't changed my mind.
I'm not saying birthday is a bad idea, not at all. I still think there are advantages that I could take from getting older, for example, now that I'm 18, I can buy my own god damn cocktails. Hell yeah.

I'm thankful for those who had wished me a happy birthday, who had tried to make the best of it, and I'm also grateful to be given a chance to live probably for more years in this world despite all of the stupidity I've done in my past.

Anyway, the point of this post wasn't about giving my shit opinion about birthdays but to show one of the sweetest birthday wish I received from my best friend, Bila.
It's written in Indonesian, but I'll try my best to translate it.
"Happy 18th birthday, Ray. I'm probably not the best friend ever, and I'm not always there while you're scratching people's wall or getting their sink wet, but I'm sure that I'm the only person that could make you run all the way to the front of Labschool's gate just to buy a bakpau for me to eat when my stomachache attacks. Thanks for everything. I haven't known you that long, we started out chatting via BBM and we were typing in capslock. Thank you for being my friend, the one who's always sad when the clock shows 23:29 because that means my wifi will be off in a minute and we have to wait 'til the next morning to talk again. In a month, we'll be back with the bakpau in Jakarta. <2"

No comments:

Post a Comment